M.Tech VLSI and Embedded Systems
The Department of Electronics was established in the year 2006. The focus of the department is to produce post graduates with strong fundamentals in electronics and communication domain and experience in the latest happenings of the industry, so that they can meet the upcoming challenges in the field. The department currently offers a Postgraduate programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering with Specialization in VLSI and Embedded Systems . The department includes some of the finest faculty members in the state who are highly qualified, experienced and dedicated, with a strong commitment to the advancement of knowledge among the students. The laboratory facilities were constantly upgraded to take care of the technological developments in the areas of VLSI & Embedded Systems.
|Course Offered||No. of seats|
|M.Tech Electronics with Specialization in VLSI and Embedded Systems||18 (Excluding 2 supernumerary seats for EWS category)|
About The Course
This course mainly focuses on the ASIC/FPGA front end design and verification, physical design and verification, embedded OS and RTOS, embedded sytem design and development, analog and digital circuit design etc.As part of this course the students also get the opportunity to work with the latest electronic design automation tools which are in use in the industry. The course offers a range of topics of immediate relevance to industry and makes the students exactly suitable for industries engaged in Embedded System development.
- "Inaugural function for Anti Drug day events"
- Seminar on "Higher Education after B Tech for Circuit Branches" in conjunction with IEEE Solid State Circuits Society, Kerala Chapter"
- Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP)
- Life Skills Training by Global Talent Track, ER&DCI-IT.
- Life Skills training by Rubicon supported by Barclays conducted from December 6, 2021 to December 15, 2021"
- LIVE WEBINAR SERIES ON “EMBEDDED SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT & ITS APPLICATIONS” is organized by Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Live Webinar Series on "VLSI SoC Design: Techniques and Recent Trends” is organized by Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering,ER&DCI-IT.
- Webinar Series on "Cyber Security and Forensics" was conducted by Departrment of Computer Science and Engineering, ER&DCI-IT.
- Global Faculty Development Programme on "VLSI Chip Design Hands on using open source EDA"
To groom internationally competent professionals with state-of-the-art skill sets in scientific technologies through a meticulous process of intensive world class training and nurture through continuous industry-institute interaction.