Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) is the premier R&D organization of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) for carrying out R&D in IT, Electronics and associated areas. Different areas of C-DAC, had originated at different times, many of which came out as a result of identification of opportunities.
- The setting up of C-DAC in 1988 itself was to built Supercomputers in context of denial of import of Supercomputers by USA. Since then C-DAC has been undertaking building of multiple generations of Supercomputer starting from PARAM with 1 GF in 1988.
- Almost at the same time, C-DAC started building Indian Language Computing Solutions with setting up of GIST group (Graphics and Intelligence based Script Technology); National Centre for Software Technology (NCST) set up in 1985 had also initiated work in Indian Language Computing around the same period.
- Electronic Research and Development Centre of India (ER&DCI) with various constituents starting as adjunct entities of various State Electronic Corporations, had been brought under the hold of Department of Electronics and Telecommunications (now MeitY) in around 1988. They were focusing on various aspects of applied electronics, technology and applications.
- With the passage of time as a result of creative ecosystem that got set up in C-DAC, more areas such as Health Informatics, etc., got created; while right from the beginning the focus of NCST was on Software Technologies; similarly C-DAC started its education & training activities in 1994 as a spin-off with the passage of time, it grew to a large efforts to meet the growing needs of Indian Industry for finishing schools.
C-DAC has today emerged as a premier R&D organization in IT&E (Information Technologies and Electronics) in the country working on strengthening national technological capabilities in the context of global developments in the field and responding to change in the market need in selected foundation areas. In that process, C-DAC represents a unique facet working in close junction with MeitY to realize nation’s policy and pragmatic interventions and initiatives in Information Technology. As an institution for high-end Research and Development (R&D), C-DAC has been at the forefront of the Information Technology (IT) revolution, constantly building capacities in emerging/enabling technologies and innovating and leveraging its expertise, caliber, skill sets to develop and deploy IT products and solutions for different sectors of the economy, as per the mandate of its parent, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India and other stakeholders including funding agencies, collaborators, users and the market-place.
- LIVE WEBINAR SERIES ON “EMBEDDED SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT & ITS APPLICATIONS” is organized by Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering. New
- Live Webinar Series on "VLSI SoC Design: Techniques and Recent Trends” is organized by Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering,ER&DCI-IT. New
- Webinar Series on "Cyber Security and Forensics" was conducted by Departrment of Computer Science and Engineering, ER&DCI-IT. New
- Excellent Campus Placement for 2020 Batch
- "International Mother Language Day" celebrated at ER&DCI-IT
- TECHFIESTA 2020 was conducted on February 14th & 15th
- Global Faculty Development Programme on "VLSI Chip Design Hands on using open source EDA"
To groom internationally competent professionals with state-of-the-art skill sets in scientific technologies through a meticulous process of intensive world class training and nurture through continuous industry-institute interaction.