M.Tech Cyber Forensics and Information Systems
Computer Science Department
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2012 with the objective is to impart quality education in the field of Computer Science. ER&DCI Institute of Technology is one of the very few institutes in the country to initiate industry specific programmes in Cyber Forensics and Information Security to cater to the growing need of trained professionals in the nascent field of cyber security. The department provides its students an environment that stimulates their intellectual growth and personality development. To broaden their knowledge in the emerging technologies, the department frequently conducts seminars and invited talks with the support of experienced resource persons from the industry.
|Course Offered||No. of seats|
|M.Tech Computer Science with specialization in Cyber Forensics and Information Security||18 (Excluding 2 supernumerary seats for EWS category)|
About The Course
The course is technical and practical in nature, uniquely embedded in industry, and develops in-depth expertise of core technical topics within the area of cyber security and digital forensics such as information security, secure programming, network security, penetration testing, malware analysis, File System Forensics, Windows and Linux Forensics, Image and Video Forensics IT law and ethics.
This course is designed to equip students with necessary knowledge and tools to fill the need for educated cyber security and cyber forensics practitioners, investigators and engineers. It also ensures that students have a basic understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements and the standards pertaining to computer security. Apart from the placement/internship in CDAC the students are also getting campus placement in top notch companies like Deloitte, Saint Gobain, Reliance, GMR, H&R Block etc. and in the last two years we achieved record placement (100%).
- "Inaugural function for Anti Drug day events"
- Seminar on "Higher Education after B Tech for Circuit Branches" in conjunction with IEEE Solid State Circuits Society, Kerala Chapter"
- Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP)
- Life Skills Training by Global Talent Track, ER&DCI-IT.
- Life Skills training by Rubicon supported by Barclays conducted from December 6, 2021 to December 15, 2021"
- LIVE WEBINAR SERIES ON “EMBEDDED SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT & ITS APPLICATIONS” is organized by Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Live Webinar Series on "VLSI SoC Design: Techniques and Recent Trends” is organized by Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering,ER&DCI-IT.
- Webinar Series on "Cyber Security and Forensics" was conducted by Departrment of Computer Science and Engineering, ER&DCI-IT.
- Global Faculty Development Programme on "VLSI Chip Design Hands on using open source EDA"
To groom internationally competent professionals with state-of-the-art skill sets in scientific technologies through a meticulous process of intensive world class training and nurture through continuous industry-institute interaction.